Where is Doris?...

Tuesday 16 September 2008

Baiona - Marina

Tuesday 16th September 2008
After a long phone call with Kat last night it makes me very sad to announce we will be going our separate ways. Needless to say I woke up this morning not the happiest bunny in town! Let’s just say I really am ‘Single Handed’ now in every sense of the word(s).

Ever since I had this hair brained idea, I have always envisaged Kat being with me at some point. We initially agreed she would visit during the nice areas (Med, Carribean, etc), so I was ecstatic when she announced she was doing Sea Survival and Day Skipper courses to join me on the assumption of staying out. With her flight booked and a date of 28th Oct, I had a goal to be in Madeira to meet her. For some reason without that goal I have no reason to be anywhere at any time now and feel a bit ‘lost’.

For my own sanity I have decided to keep the ‘date’ and will keep pushing forward to get to Madeira by the 28th October.

There was no point in just sitting there sulking, so I upped anchor and made the 2 hour motor around to Baiona marina through the busy shipping lanes in Ria De Vigo.

Mooring went smooth enough, although while getting the fenders and ropes sorted, not only have I ‘lost’ a fender but somebody has stolen a rope as well!

Once all signed in and paperwork complete I went for a wander around town to get some supplies and caught sight of myself in a shop window, talk about wild man of Borneo. Now I really felt depressed!

Back at the boat I spent the evening writing up the previous few days blog entries for all you avid readers and spent an hour catching up with life in the I.T. world talking to Dave (London) on the phone followed by another hour with Mr Crute. Tomorrow I need to concentrate on maintenance, both myself and Doris.


Bruce is still slogging it out around the North coast of Spain and I am providing him with regular weather updates etc. He hopes to make it to Baiona for Friday, fingers crossed he deserves some sun after what he’s been through getting around Biscay!

No comments: