Where is Doris?...

Friday 8 August 2008

Pure Frustration!

Well Weds / Thurs ... not much to report!
I decided to look closer into the delay regarding the Genoa Cars required for the new Genoa sail. Genius! - The wrong parts had been ordered, so even if they had've turned up, I'd still be no closer to leaving. New parts ordered, 'No problem they are in stock, you can have them tomorrow (Friday) morning sir'.
For those wondering what I'm going on about - Genoa Sail.
Thursday we got the new Genoa Sail in place which resulted in me having to climb the mast, this was 'interesting' but had to be done sooner or later I guess. I have done all the route planning for Friday departure and we did a late night ASDA run for supplies. I have also paid off my outstanding marina bill, so from Friday (midday) I need to be gone!
Its now Friday morning and I am waiting for the rigging guy to come and mount the spinnaker pole eye on the mast and of course for that phone call to say the Genoa Cars have arrived.
All being well we can be out of here today... !!! Tick Tock Tick Tock...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi simon ,
I hope you daz and doris have a safe trip x
abbiiee x

Anonymous said...

You crazy bugger, you actually went and did it! I hope you've got plenty of #cheese to keep you going :) Nice one man, I'm glad to hear you're living the dream.

Have a great trip,
H.

Anonymous said...

Oi oi Boo!

Hope all is good! I can't get a hold of you via e-mail at all... punt me an e-mail at my usual e-mail address or work one...

Speaky soon!

Sorry I missed your BBQ thingy btw, I was in Vegas. You should have delayed your departure to meet my needs to be honest. Just kidding. ;o)

Simon (Boo). said...

Hi Abz .. We are still alive (just!). Say Hi to Ma & Pa for me.

Hey Haggis - dude good to hear from you again, I trust you got all my contact details now?

Tom - I'll see you for drinks when you come visit me!