Where is Doris?...

Monday 4 August 2008

Goodbye Kat

After getting up late Monday morning I said goodbye to Kat for the last time until I see her again in the Med in October. She has been simply amazing this weekend being the 'hostess with the mostess' and ensuring everything runs smoothly. I do joke that she is my P.A. but I can honestly say that I wouldn't be anywhere near ready for this trip without her.
Daz and I then walked up to the SMR sail loft and Mike had finished the Mainsail and Storm jib. Only waiting for the new Genoa sail and its pole and some Genoa cars now. I also arranged for someone to come and drill a hole in the anchor bow roller for the storm jib to attach to.
Got the sails back to the boat and played around with the new storm jib before it started to rain, needless to say the mainsail remained on the cockpit floor!
Spent a few hours updating the Blog, and answering emails. My old boss sent me some good news regarding my bonus and the possibility of actually recieving it! This will be a 'God Send' if it all works out - watch this space!
In the evening I got the Sat Phone all charged up and working. I will be able to recieve SMS texts from people who can send them for FREE via the Blog or the Iridium website when I post the number.
We also plotted the first leg of the trip to Le Havre in France and IF everything is ready we need to leave around 2pm on thursday to make the best of the tides to clear the shipping lanes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Thurs dude. You will be missed, hopefully I'll catch up with you on your trip at least once.

Little Crute keeps saying 'Boo Car' when she gets in Betsy, so you better keep that date in 2011!!!

Wishing you favourable winds and other nautical platitudes from the all the Crute clan, touch base before you go!