Where is Doris?...

Sunday 3 August 2008

New Camera

The previous day Dave had told me that the Verizon posse had done a 'whip round' for my leaving present which was going to be a (much needed) camera - Thank you everyone, very much!
So ... Kat and I went into Brighton town centre to buy a suitable camera that would survive the rigours of life onboard while at sea. I finally decided to follow Mr Crute's suggestion of the Olympus SW1030 in black with a 2Gb Memory card.

Kat also decided to spend an extra night with me before I depart, so an emergency outfit for Monday morning at work was required.
On our return, we were greeted by the 'Costa Lotta' posse of pontoon 8 - Paul, Karen, Abbey, Steve & Angela.

My brother was presented with a gift wrapped bog roll as it was though that this would be required due to his higher than average fruit intake.

I was given a sizeable donation to my 'sailing funds' and 2 bottles of shamps. The first we consumed aboard 'Costa' and the other will be saved to celebrate crossing Biscay! I also had a new T-shirt with my next 'Topless Boat Cleaning' business venture slogan - Clean Boats for the Dirty Mind'.

Thanks guys, I will certainly miss you all very much when I leave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon ,
Glad my t-shirt made the headlines on your blog. writing on it with board pen wasent exactly the easiest thing. but im sure you will never for get Agust 1st when we gave you a little supprise.With the track time to say goodbye and presenting you with a ballon with 'Sailing funds' attached to it. Your t-shirt with slogan of the buisness you will brand when you arrive safetly back home in Brighton Marina x
Abbie x