Where is Doris?...

Tuesday 5 August 2008

Land Locked

This morning saw us making our usual walk to SMR for a status check on the remaining stuff. Mike from the sail loft let me use a Printer & Fax to send some work documents regarding my (possible) bonus - thanks Mike. I tracked down Mike Stevens 'The Rigging Guy' to pay for the Genoa pole and find out where it was, before ordering our daily Egg & Bacon sarny!

So where are we ...
The Genoa has arrived and is having the UV strip fitted and should be ready tomorrow - Great!
The pole is due to arrive tomorrow - Great!
The Genoa Cars are delayed and not due for a few days - Aaarrgh!
We cant leave without these, well we could - but we would not be able to use the new Genoa sail that has just cost me a fortune!

Got back to the boat and fitted the newly patched Mainsail (less wind than yesterday) and also measured the tack line required for the Storm Jib.


I finally got my PADI exams completed and sent off to Lance for marking. There is no chance of completing the 'Open Water' dives before I leave so this will have to wait until Kat joins me in October.

Paul, Karen, Steve & Angela popped by and Paul gave me my very own Brighton Football jersey with the challenge of sending pics of it in exotic locations.

We spent the evening chatting to Jerry of 'Sindur of Dart' in the cockpit drinking beer and playing with the mainsail reefing lines. The new Batten Cars make hoisting a lot easier!
There are a lot of visitors in the marina (possibly en route to Cowes) and a bit of a holiday atmosphere. Its getting really frustrating now and both Daz and myself are desperate to get going - lets hope for some good news tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Storm Jibs are very.... what's the word? Oh yeah Orange aren't they?

w47ty said...

Boo you old bastard...make sure you make it to Sydney harbor!!!!!

Simon (Boo). said...

Hey! ... Watty!!!
Longtime no speak ... I wondered if you were still alive you animal!

Sydney - its a date! Not exactly sure when or even if (I may have sunk by then!) - any work going down under?

Crutey - Erm yup, its my Tango Sail!

w47ty said...

i will be here waiting my friend. good to see you have grown or are growing old disgracefully. you always had a certain style about you :)

there is always work down under!!! - true story

w47ty@yahoo.com.au if you want to email me

cheers mate