Where is Doris?...

Monday 13 October 2008

Sines (4)

OK last post from Sines, well Portugal for that matter and also last post for a week or so.
Today I said farewell to Dave and he is currently in transit back to Ol Blighty. I have sorted out my insurance which cost me an extra £126, so I am now covered for both Madeira and the Canaries. Diesel has been topped up and the boat cleaned inside with detol to try and prevent the flies from getting comfy.

Still to do:
Top up with water, Hose down the boat as it’s filthy with salt. Call my parents and take a shower. All being well I should be slipping the lines around 4am local time tomorrow morning to head for Porto Santo around 5 days away. I will send brief updates of my position via the Sat Phone using SMS.

See you on the other side…. I hope!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck dude!

Anonymous said...

ditto ... what crutey said ....

Some news from me ...

my car has been in a smash ... currently undergoing 5K worth of repairs due to a lorry trying to share my lane! No one was hurt .. although I was thinkin about punching the lorry driver afterwards!

oh .. wifey has a "bun in the oven" ... kung-fu artist by the looks of the ultrasound scans .. wouldn't stop kicking, punching, making funny sounds! OK maybe not the last part!

Anonymous said...

congrats prav ;)

5k worth of damage?! damn your porsche... my focus is barely worth5k ;) damn you contractors. :P

hi btw boo :P

Simon (Boo). said...

Hey Prav ...!!!
Thanks for the SMS while at sea - as i recieved it I was talking to Commercial Ship BBC Karah on the VHF - spooky!

I guess congratulations and comiserations are in order - respectively of course!

Baby Names: Bruce?

Oh well another baby seat in the Porsche would have been 'too much!' - You got a Volvo estate on order yet?

At least you didnt need the jump leadz!

Tom: Its all about location, in KENT a Focus is considered better than a Porsche!