Where is Doris?...

Saturday 13 September 2008

Ria De Muros (2)

Saturday 13th September 2008
Woke up to find Mark & Amanda of Blush anchored across the bay from me, after a wave Mark came over for a chat and a cup of coffee. Luckily, Amanda is a dab hand with a sail needle and has some spares that should get me out of trouble with the damaged mainsail slider. I christen the dinghy and go ashore only to bump into Mark & Amanda again so we have lunch. I pay as gratitude for fixing my sail. There are some good ‘hardware stores’ here in Muros, but like an idiot I don’t have the specs of what I need with me – doh!

After paddling back to the boat, I fall asleep only to be woken up a short while later by the Blush crew armed with sail repair box. It’s not perfect but will get me out of trouble until I find a proper sail maker. Memo to self – Get some sail repair spares, a palm and needles.

Afterwards I play some guitar and generally relax and enjoy the sun. I have to say I am completely hooked on this anchoring lifestyle. I’m sure this will change when my anchor slips for the first time but until then, it’s so peaceful and there are very few other boats to hit, although as you know, I have already done that in Camarinas anchorage!

Not much else to report except that I won’t be going anywhere tomorrow either…

No comments: