Where is Doris?...

Friday 1 August 2008

My Birthday!

Friday morning saw me waking up another year older and wiser - OK maybe thats just wishful thinking! Anyway, after a coffee Daz and I wrestled the mainsail down and off of the boat as it needs to have wear patches fitted for downwind sailing and batten cars to make it easier to raise and lower. We marched the sail up to SMR Sail loft in a shopping basket for Mike Green to do his thing.
After our usual breakfast of bacon & egg sarnies, we generally hung out on the boat throuout the day until boredom forced me to remove the bent stancion that needed replacing. This then led to us getting the hose out to give the boat a good wash. With it being my birthday, I thought I better have a shower as well in time to meet Kat who was coming down by train.
Kat arrived bearing gifts in the form of a Sat phone, all wrapped up as predicted! Lets just say, for a portable device its not the smallest phone in the world!
Kat and I had an evening meal at Franky & Benny's, and when the opening intro to 'Happy Birthday' started up, I thought thats a coincidence, someone has the same birthday as me. What a prat I felt as they walked over with my dessert with a candle in it ... of course after 'Happy Bday' comes the full length 12" remix extended version of 'Congratulations'... Memo to self 'Never eat at F&Bs on your birthday and don't let your girlfriend out of your sight!'
After the obligatory evening stroll around the breakwater, it was back to the boat for bed and 'all the trimmings!'

No comments: