Where is Doris?...

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Goodbye Car

Yesterday I finally said goodbye to my faithful car. Thankfully it was made easier by the fact that I have sold it to my very good friend 'Mr Crute' who I know will look after her well. Dude, you will have to start surfing again as she likes to go to the coast regularly!
After lunch I also said final farewells to mommy & baby Crute, who gave me a St. Christopher to keep me safe. I need all the help I can get!
As the days go by, there is less & less keeping me from leaving and if the remaining chores get finished in time I may be able to leave early next week!
Still To Do:
New Genoa Sail - (ordered & expected this week)
New Storm Jib - (ordered & expected this week)
New Genoa Pole - I still need to order this, so something to do this afternoon!
Main Sail Wear Patches - We made all the measurements early this morning while there was only a light breeze. Lots of people wondering why I'm tied up with full sail flying in the marina. I will get the sail off and patched later in the week as the weather is too nice to do it now!
Sat Phone - Kat lives close to the dealer and picked up the phone yesterday, by now its probably all wrapped up in purdy Birthday paper. I will have a 'play' over the weekend when she comes down!
Antifoul - I wanted to clean her bottom (Doris not Kat) and get a few extra layers of antifoul on before I leave, however, I am running out of time so this may have to wait...
I might take the boat out for an evening sail if the breeze picks up ... and Daz removes his washing from all over it! I'm beginning to wonder if I'm heading in the right direction as its already too hot in the UK, what will it be like in Spain?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Boo, Betsy (your name for the car, not mine) had what I can only assume was her first proper clean (inside and out) since you got her.

I have contacted Devon council who are sending a lorry to collect all the sand I got out of the car as they were wondering where it had all gone!

Cya 2morrow (light rain, sod all wind forecast :-( )

(rutey