Where is Doris?...

Sunday 2 November 2008

Almost Out of Here...

OK peeps - Probz last post for a few days.

Madeira looks like it has finally got bored of holding us captive and the gods are letting us leave. Us being (Mattias on Carma, Daniel on Luna and Doris and I).

The seas are due to drop from tomorrow onwards...

You havent missed much, its been raining throughout each day and climbing the slimey harbour wall is getting boring now. In retrospect Africa may have been a better choice of route - maybe not?

All being well I should arrive in the Canaries around mid next week, however, landfall is an anchorage (Playa Francesa) on Isla Graciosa North of Lanzagrotty and will probably be sans WIFI.

I think I will leave tonight to spend the night at anchor (A la Montissier) before setting sail in a relaxed fashion tomorrow morning... I like becoming 'one' with the boat and the sea before departing!

Where is everyone else enroute and how is life? Please post a comment with your position and intended destination etc ... it would be good to hook up with all you cruisers for more BBQ's etc

All you guys in the real world .. drop me a line and let me know ASAP if you plan on getting some sunshine out here!

C ya all soon...

Boo & Doris.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Current Position - Maidstone, destination - Work.

Oh hang on, you don't mean us land lubbers do you? ;-)

Good luck with the crossing, sorry Madeira wasn't nicer, it's always beautiful weatherwhen we go.

Anonymous said...

Hey Booooo

We're still in Portugal - with a side trip to Seville by bus. Departing south tomorrow. Hope to stop in Morocco. Weather here is cold, I mean friggin' cold man! We have light winds and cool, drizzly weather ahead. But hey, Equator, here we come!

Essaouira, Morocco 6-9 Nov?
Lanzarotte (Marina Rubicon) by 15 Nov, to collect some mail.

Hope to see you soon. If not, hope to see you later.

Love.

Lauri and Annina
Sy Aliisa

Anonymous said...

Ok... Bo is on route to Canaries, my defendent (against all odds) went Guilty at the 11th hour which now frees up my next 3 weeks. Looks like the Canaries trip is on!

I could do with chatting with Tom about Boo's wireless needs as I need to source kit to take out with me. Tom - could you email me chris--AT--crute--dot--com, cheers dude (and don't worry I'm not a copper!).

Anonymous said...

hey crutey / boo / Tom,
got a netgear WAG511 (atheros based card), so can do packet injection both Windows and Linux. if Tom wants to confirm it will do the trick, I don't mind donating it to the "Get boo a free wireless network access" :)
let me know
Francois

Anonymous said...

Francois, does that card have an external antenna socket as I think Boo has plans to attach a high-gain one to extend range?

Anonymous said...

unfortunately it doesn't. although I have a Buffalo WLI-CB-G54A with external high-gain antenna socket. Let me check if this can inject packets (sorry neighbours..), francois

Anonymous said...

oi oi,

have you got some goodies coming your way from uncle crutey boo ;)

Anonymous said...

boo - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article5104227.ece

Anonymous said...

omg bast width restriction cuts it off...

world/article5104227.ece

is the end bit

Simon (Boo). said...

Hey Lauri & Annina...!!!
I am now anchored outside Rubicon - its very nice inside - very posh!
10-13m is 23euros / night. Discount 2weeks+

I think I will be here for the next week waiting for Mr Crute to come and visit. Then sail to Las Palmas Gran Canaria via Fuerts.

Whats your plans?... C ya both soon!!

Simon (Boo). said...

Yo Tom & Francois ... I am still fighting for Internet access and its hit and miss.

The main problem is distance - Are we sure the the ALFA cant handle an external aerial without blowing up - sounds weird to me!

Crutey - Atheros. Thats the chip set we need if buying a dongle for packet injection on windows.

Jerry said...

Howdy, just thought i'd say Hi. hope all is well, not sure if you are on your way across yet, if you are good luck and enjoy yourself and keep us posted on progress when you can. cheers !
Jerry and Clan.