Where is Doris?...

Wednesday 29 October 2008

Machico - Internet Access At Last!

We couldn't take it any longer! This morning we upped anchor and sailed the 4 miles to Machico a small 'locals only' fishing harbour / marina and found a space against the wall. I am moored alongside Luna (Daniel) and Carma (Maetias) is just behind us alongside another yacht.

Best of all we can reach the WIFI connection!
We have just been ashore and fried sausage, eggs and chips never tasted so good!

I will try and post some pics for the oder posts a bit later. Just outside the harbour the waves are breaking along a small beach and this might be a good chance to get the surfboards out if the swell pics up just a little.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we stopped there with Meli, the cafe on the Harbour does this wicked steak dish that comes on a bloody great kebab hanging like a... big hanging kebaby thing. It was lovely, slightly crispy on out side, just done on the inside. I have just become sooo hungry!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, foooood! Glad you're ok you sea pikey :P Bit chilly here at the moment, bet you're loving it!

Simon (Boo). said...

Its' a bit chilly' here..must be bloody freezing over there! I am looking forward to the Canaries and even more so to the Carribean!

Weather looks like it might let me leave on Monday - but things coud change yet- early days!

Tom - Might get MrCrute to have a chat with you about getting me some WIFI haxor shizzle. Big yagi etc .... any new progs I can use to crack WEP on Winblows?

Anonymous said...

hey simon,
airodump and airocrack are available for Windows. 5 mins job :)
can post a package on a server for you if needed..
francois

Simon (Boo). said...

Francois - I dont think my wireless cards are supported. One is braodcom internal lappy card and the other the alfa external adaptor. I guess I could capture in BackTrack and then crack in windows...

Anonymous said...

oi oi sailor!

Yup you're right, the Alfa and broadcom chipsets are not able to inject which is required for deauth and for sending arp requests (when no clients) in order to get weak IVs fast, else you be waiting days!

The intel chipsets internal to IBM thinkpads and the like can inject. Get a badboy proxim one on the cheap if you see one on a Market in those foreign lands :p

Me grom and dave back to surfing in summer. Anchor up eh? :p

Simon (Boo). said...

Ah - Im not buying anymore wifi dongles I'll make do with what I got and BackTrack.

Summer surfing?.. You boys should come over to the Canaries for some waves!!! Gr0m did mention it ages ago.. Hows life with you boys anyway?