Where is Doris?...

Saturday 6 September 2008

Single Handed Friends

Into Saturday, well not much to report. I cleaned the boat, my clothes and myself after going for my moonlight swim in the marina. Without going to much into details, Daz decided to leave so I am now ‘Single Handed’.

I returned from town to find both Jack & Brian sharing a glass of wine aboard Timshel (Brian’s boat) and I quickly joined them. After swapping details we said farewell to Jack who was returning home (Spain) the next day. Who knows we may even cross tracks on down the line.

Jack – Old sea dog who circumnavigated with his wife for over 17 years and still sailing. Making progress to Gibraltar over the next few months to carry out repairs on his new vessel just purchased a few weeks ago.

Brian – A translator who has been sailing since age 15 and been living aboard various boats in France for the last 10 years and has now set sail in Timshel bound for the Canaries via Africa, soon to be joined by his girlfriend – sound familiar?


Fair winds & Calm Seas to them both…

No comments: