Where is Doris?...

Friday 5 September 2008

In The Drink!

Today I decided to do the tourist thing and went for a long walk by myself. Daz spent the day asleep recovering from an evening on the wine with Brian and myself, I felt a bit ‘worn’ but had to get out in the fresh air.

I walked all along the coast and even visited the Tore of Hurcules before coming full circle via the town centre with a KitKat McFlurry to reward myself.

The beach here is lovely and the waves looked to die for … given more time this would be worth a surf, it’s a shame the boys aren’t out here!

Friday evening, me and Daz were getting the boat ready to set sail first thing in the morning. As we were filling her up with water, I got my foot stuck under the black mooring line in the dark and jumped down onto the wobbly finger pontoon with one leg still entagled on the boat. I seemed to hover there for ages before accepting my fate! Into the water I went. It actually wasn’t that cold and before I hauled my ass over the pontoon It would have been quite laughable but I realised I had my mobile phone in my pocket.

Luckily, the SIM still works and I have an old Nokia backup phone – Gutted about losing the more modern phone though.

No comments: