Where is Doris?...

Monday 25 August 2008

Visiting Parents in Brittany

On Sunday my parents came over to Camaret to finally see Doris (and us I guess) and pick us up.
I managed to get my Mum aboard using a step ladder! Daz and I then went to my parents house in South Brittany, leaving Doris in Camaret for a few days - on the visitors pontoon - unattended - which I'm more than slightly worried about!
This will probably be the last time I see my parents for a while at least, assuming I carry on as planned and it was good to see my Dad looking a lot better having literally just come out of hospital the day before.
We have been enjoying real home cooked food (eating way too much) and watching lots of tv and getting everything washed. I also finally shaved Daz's head grade1 stylee as his afro was simply getting to big for both of us to be in the cockpit at the same time!
It looks like a huge High Pressure system (Azores High) is making a Biscay crossing very possible next week. All you guys in the UK should start seeing good weather around next Friday (maybe earlier) I'm guessing, so time to get those boats out!
I think we will get back to the boat on Thursday and then maybe set sail Friday depending on the forecasts etc.
Anyways ... I just thought I'd keep you all updated with where we are and what we are doing etc .. incase anyone was wondering. Not too much else to report I'm afraid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi oi sailor!

Good to see you're making progress!

I see you're a pretty dab touch with this blogspot business - will punt dorisand.me.uk to point here for ya!

See ya soon!

Tom (xfactor innit)

Anonymous said...

www.dorisand.me.uk / dorisand.me.uk goes here ;o)

Simon (Boo). said...

Cheers dude - email me yer latest and greatest, especially from Vegas!